Monday, March 5, 2012

Shop: GAP Broken-in straight khakis

I don't frequent GAP much these days since I tend to prefer the styles and materials that Banana Republic has to offer (GAP's higher end sister store). Having said that, I was window shopping between the 3 stores (BR, GAP and Old Navy) which share a common checkout when I happened upon GAP Broken-in straight khakis.

The reviews were plentiful and a majority of them were positive. The sizing advice seemed consistent (size down, they are made big) and the price was right at 59.95$ Cdn. Add a 30% off sale and I decided to order 2 pairs, one in Hot Coral and the other in Dried Fig. They arrived last week and I'm very pleased. I really wanted something other than jeans to wear around this summer, and I really like the look of a rolled up chino with a nice heel or wedge sandal. Very casual, clean....maybe even deserving of a straw fedora if the mood should strike me.
 
Image courtesy of GAP





















 
Image courtesy of GAP





















I also bought Boyfriend roll-up shorts in deep guava but regretted not sizing down as well. I know they are supposed to be boyfriend cut, but the ill fit combined with the bright colour was doing nothing for me. I ended up returning them this weekend in-store for a smaller size and a different colour (boardwalk). I'm thinking it was a smart trade.


Image courtesy of GAP



















Image courtesy of GAP


No comments:

Post a Comment