Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shop: Coach Vanessa Moto Boots, aka the holy grail of Moto Boots

While I was scanning eBay last night for anything new and interesting in my saved searches, I did a double take when I spotted a listing for the holy grail of moto boots. Last fall, I saw these Coach boots at the Bay and I went bonkers. I loved the details, such as the heavy zipper, chunky belts, pebbled grain of the leather and the toe box. I envisioned how easy they would be to pull on with a pair of coloured jeans. I can't say I'm normally a fan of Coach because I don't like the big 'C' signature pattern they employ (MK can be guilty of this too); I prefer the logo's to be a bit more discreet. However, I found these boots to logo-free. Unfortunately, they didn't have my size in Black but the sales person got on their system and advised me that they had a pair in black in my size at the dowtown location. I begged (suckered, schmoozed, whatever) Marc to go downtown that very night only to find out that they didn't have my size or colour. Say what? It was a bit fustrating to make the effort to go there to be treated rudely but the saleswoman, like I was an idiot for listening to another one of their own employees. I was also told that my size/colour combo was not to be found in Canada. Booooo.

Photo Courtesy of Coach

All I could do was search the internet and eventually set up a saved search on eBay on the slim chance that they would show up. And then I waited. But last night, low and behold, there they were! It's been a crappy week for various reasons but I have to admit retail therapy did wonders for my mood (even if it is fleeting). As a bonus, I got them for 100$ off the retail price, which is only 70 after shipping costs but I do save on taxes as well. I just got the shipment notification, I can't wait to get them.The weather here as of late has us all thinking about summer clothing and I realize these boots are a fall/winter item, but I don't care, I'm gonna wear these babies the minute they arrive regardless of temperature.

Me, drolling over boots at The Bay
See MY boots on Artisticstyle.org, listed as one of 12 favourite winter esstentials. *joy!*

No comments:

Post a Comment