Sunday, March 3, 2013

Read: Addicted to GoT

I finished the first Game of Thrones book on the flight back from Vegas. I couldn't have asked for a better flight companion (oh, you too Marc!) It was pitch perfect. So much like the show, I can't get over how well the story was adapted. I immediately wanted to dig into the second book but I was torn; can I manage to read book two and also finish 419 by Will Ferguson in time for my next book club meeting in a months time?

Surely one month is enough time for two books. I mean, it use to be. But I rarely get a chance to settle in with a book these days, apart from bedtime. Every now and then I have a Friday afternoon free (yay flex time!) and if I'm luck enough, I tuck in on the couch with a cup of tea or coffee, a blanket and my book. The last time I did this I made the mistake of letting Eleanor out of her cage, which I now know is an exercise in frustration as she would rather gnaw on my book than let me get a few pages in. Oh well, the rabbit of Carebanog stays imprisoned during reading time.

In the end, I could not resist the siren song of another GoT tome. For some reason I'm not very excited to read 419, so I tucked away my impulse control (yet again) and went for the book I really wanted to read. I am a few chapters into A Clash of Kings: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two  and I am interested to see how the story will diverge from the show, since I was told more than once that it varies greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment