Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shop: Oops I did it again...

51 days into the shopping diet and I think I messed up.

I had a 25$ eBay bucks certificate that had to be used before November 4th or it would expire. eBay issues certificates every quarter based on how much you spent during the preceding three month window. With the deadline fast approaching I decided to use it towards an Elie Saab perfume that I had been coveting; one that I had planned on buying anyway once I lifted my retail ban. I know it's a breech of my 'no shopping' rules but with 25$ off the total, I rationalized that I would only be out of pocket for the remaining 25 dollars. I've tried to be good.... I haven't even touched the other gift certificates that are just lying around, waiting to be used. A little rationalization here, but this should only count as half of a cheat, since it's half prepaid. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Now I just need to keep my itchy trigger finger away from ebay.ca and avoid further temptation.

Have I mentioned that I have NOT broken down and bought the J. Crew tipped pea coat? That's gotta count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment