Monday, November 19, 2012

Watch: Boardwalk Empire

Is anyone out there a Boardwalk Empire fan? There must be some people out there right now that are as equally blown away by last nights episode as I am. I will try to avoid spoilers, but if you know the show, you know by now that there are no happy endings. I was absolutely bummed last season when they blindsided us with the death of a key character; last nights episode reminded me that it's not a good idea to get attached. I was hoping against hope that a few story lines would work out...but well, the writers went a little Se7en on us.

I read a few comments floating around on the interweb-thingy that some people were so disappointed by the plot twist that they are considering bailing on the show, and to that I say poo poo! Don't drop an amazing show when it gets challenging! This season has been spellbinding. I find myself singularly focused during the 50-odd minutes that it is on. It is the only show other than Game of Thrones that can captivate me in this way. You have to admire the story-telling and the guts it takes to make unpopular choices. However, if the writers decide to spare Richard Harrow, I'd be super cool with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment