Friday, December 28, 2012

Rest: The Pyjama Life

I've been delinquent with my blog posts this holiday season. I've had every opportunity to write, but instead I've burrowed myself into a blanket nest on my couch, watching movies in my pajamas. I had good intentions; I made tentative plans to visit with friends but between the recent snow fall and an extreme case of the lazies, it never materialized. Despite efforts to get my UC in control, I'm having a flare up right now which I think might be the cause for my lack of energy. I find the 45 centimeters of snow outside too daunting to venture outdoors; bad weather and a bad tummy has turned me into a shut in. The weird part is that I'm definitely starting to show signs of cabin fever, even though I've chosen to stay in.

So if I've been home for all this time, why haven't I hunkered down and written anything? It has a lot to do with the fact that my laptop is slowly dying. I have a 7 year old MacBook, a relic. As of late, when I try to use it for blogging or other text editing, there is a few second delay with every letter I type. It's time to replace it but I just can't decide on what I will buy next. My heart is set on a Mac, but from a cost perspective I know I could get a decent alternative for half the price if I just get a non-apple product. My vote is still out but in the meantime if I want to post updates I have to use my iPad. I must admit that I detest typing out anything longer than a few lines with my phone or tablet, I much prefer the tactile quality of an actual keyboard over an onscreen keyboard.

So on that note, I'll be back when I have more to say and a more efficient way to say it. Back to hibernation!

No comments:

Post a Comment