Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mind your manners!

Insensitive comment of the day: A security guard approached me to say he told everyone (who's everyone?) that he could guess if I was having a girl or a boy. When I confirmed his guess that it's a girl, he said it's because I am so big. He then went on to ask when I was due. When I said November he got all bug eyed, saying it's so far away and I'm already so big! I just said yeah and started walking to the elevator. Not taking a hint, he followed me and kept persisting, 'Really? Nov? But you look like you could have contractions any minute!'. He said I was "sooo big!" 3 times before I got into the elevator. I know English isn't his first language but it's hard to chalk it up to miscommunication; mind your manners, people!! I can't wait to go back to being a wallflower....

No comments:

Post a Comment