Friday, September 6, 2013

Lucky duck

What a week! First I find out from my orthodontist that we are ready for a "braces" exit strategy, and then I get news that I passed my Glucose screening test, which means I do not have to go back to the hospital for a pretty miserable glucose tolerance test. I'm loving this week! Amazballs!

Continual hospital appointments are par for the course with pregnancy, but I must admit that I was dreading this test above all others. You have to fast for 12 hours and then head to the hospital for hours of blood tests after ingesting a ton of sweet syrupy liquid. It's long and always pretty miserable in that waiting area, but adding hunger and low sugar to the mix made me weary. I anticipated a rough go, and I expected bad results. But a near miracle occurred and I actually passed the first screening so I don't have to suffer through the tolerance test after all. I felt the stress melt away this morning when I found out. It also means that I don't have to miss more work for yet another appointment. My manager has been a saint through all of this, but I've been feeling pretty weighed down by all the appointments lately and I'm glad to say that next week I have zero appointments to content with. Zero!!

Ahhh, great way to head into a weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment